Monday, September 13, 2010

Photomontage: the sublime modern, mockup

Here is my first go at montage - Kahn's Kimbell Art Museum is framing a rocky landscape in southern India and that is Andrew's CN Tower making an appearance in the background.

Sublime Modern A1
This is harder than I expected! I am by no means a photoshop expert, and I hadn't counted on how careful I have to be to align perspective. The perspective issue is a biggish one: to do this generatively, all montages and source material will have to be the same perspective - which will make finding appropriate source images exceedingly frustrating. For example in finding appropriate images to montage with the Kimbell I immediately ruled out 98% of my own photo library and had little luck googling. So new respect to Gutschow, who I must assume is thinking ahead when taking her photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment